NOTE: False Swipe does NOT work correctly, so be aware of that.
This is a Legendary and Mythical Pokémon Guide/Walkthrough/Locations.
- 1 Legendary & Mythical Pokémon
- 1.1 Side Quests (Required for Legendaries)
- 1.2 Required for Arceus
- 1.2.1 Mew Duo: Mew & Mewtwo
- 1.2.2 Tower Duo: Lugia & Ho-oh
- 1.2.3 Legendary Titan Trio: Regirock, Regice, and Registeel
- 1.2.4 Weather Trio: Groudon, Kyogre & Rayquaza
- 1.2.5 Lake Guardians: Uxie, Azelf, & Mesprit
- 1.2.6 Creation Trio: Dialga, Palkia & Giratina
- 1.2.7 Lunar Duo: Cresselia & Darkrai
- 1.2.8 Swords of Justice: Cobalion, Terrakion, Virizion & Keldeo
- 1.2.9 Tao Trio: Reshiram, Zekrom & Kyurem
- 1.2.10 Legendary Bird Trio: Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres
- 1.2.11 Others - Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, Heatran, Manaphy, Shaymin & Victini
- 1.2.12 Arceus
- 1.3 Not required for Arceus
- 2 References
Legendary & Mythical Pokémon
Side Quests (Required for Legendaries)
|Spoiler warning: this article may contain major plot or ending details.|
(After Johto League) Head to the peak of Victory Road and speak to Lance. He will ask you to meet him at the train station in Goldenrod city. Head to the train station and talk to Lance. A mine cart will come rolling along and you get to ride it. Head north into Mt. Silver. Use rock climb to go up then go east and go down. Head west on the tracks into the next area and pick up the magnet. Head back and go south then east and use rock climb. Follow that path and you will climb down twice then head into the next area where you will climb up once more. Follow the path into the next place and go all the way north where you get to capture Heatran. You now have one of the prerequisites to catching Groudon!
Ruins of Alpha
Head to Azalea Town and go east into Union Cave. Go south up the steps and the ladder to your left. Surf over the water go north then west then south and then west once more where you will push a boulder and head outside. Jump off the first ledge and head into the building to the left. Go to the north side of the room (skip the hole) and interact with the middle tablet. Then walk counter clockwise around the room hitting each outside tile. Make a full round and a hole in the wall will open up, go inside and step on the white button.
Fusion Resort Penthouse
After defeating Team Fusion at the Ruins of Alph, a drudge will have left behind a Penthouse Key. Go to Serenity Isle where you will find Fusion Resort, head in the lift and insert the Penthouse Key. There are a ton of battles, pick up the item on the table while you're at it for a Dragon Fang. The pokémon are:
- Lv50 Rotom, Lv50 Rotom-W
- Lv50 Magneton, Lv50 Magnezone
- Lv51 Manectric
- Lv52 Raichu
- Lv53 Rotom-S
The last scientist won't battle you, instead he tells you to take the orbs. They are the Adamant Orb, Lustrous Orb and Griseous Orb.
After capturing the Creation Trio, you can go back to the legendary research center (west of Violet Town) and they will take the Orbs. This will give you needed space later for other orbs.
Required for Arceus
|Spoiler warning: this article may contain major plot or ending details.|
Mew Duo: Mew & Mewtwo
- Once you beat the Tunod E4, return the top floor of Fusion Labs. You will find Mew there. Having an empty space in your party will allow Mew to join your team.
- After defeating seven Gym Leaders in Johto, a Dragonite will approach you on Route 44, providing information on how to get to New Island, where Mewtwo can be found. Go to the dock in Olivine City, interact with the water, and use dive. You will end up on New Island. Go into the building and find Mewtwo at the end. You will find a team of Pokémon that are the same as yours, but with moves they acquired through leveling up. After defeating them, Mewtwo will fight you himself, giving you the chance to capture him.
Tower Duo: Lugia & Ho-oh
- Upon Lugia being released by Pius, a sailor will appear on Route 40, looking for someone with Dive. He will take you to the location of the sunken Whirl Islands, where Lugia will appear.
- After freeing Ho-Oh from Regina, it will appear on the Brass Tower's roof.
Legendary Titan Trio: Regirock, Regice, and Registeel
Legendary Titan Trio
- All are obtainable once you get the HM07 (Waterfall), which you get before Darkwood Gym. Go into the entrance to Mt. Stratus from Geminite Village. By surfing in the water directly to your right after you enter the city's cave, you should be able to get to them.
- After defeating, fleeing from, or capturing the other Regis, approaching the central cave will cause it to open. Inside, you will find Regigigas.
Weather Trio: Groudon, Kyogre & Rayquaza
- Unfortunately, the hardest one to get. After completing the Lance sidequest (See Heatran), travel back to Mt. Silver from the Goldenrod Train Station. Battle Red, and if you defeat him, you will be given a Ruby. Take this to the first-floor chamber at the Embedded Tower to battle Groudon.
- Pikachu Lv90
- Lapras Lv90
- Blastoise Lv90
- Charizard Lv90
- Venasaur Lv90
- Snorlax Lv90
- After completing the Ruins of Alph subquest, go to the basement of Slowpoke Well. Interacting with the tablet will cause you to fall to a lower floor, where a Sapphire will be found. Take this to the bottom level of the Embedded Tower to battle Kyogre.
- After completing the Ruins of Alph subquest, go into the Dragon's Den. Interacting with the tablet will cause you to fall to a lower floor, where an Emerald can be found. Take this to the top level of the Embedded Tower to battle Rayquaza.
Lake Guardians: Uxie, Azelf, & Mesprit
- At the uppermost peak of the Peaks of Alpha, a white stone stands. Interacting will let you visit one of three islands, each with a Legendary Pixie at them. NOTE: You have to beat SOUL first.
Creation Trio: Dialga, Palkia & Giratina
- After completing the Penthouse Sidequest, travel east of Chocco Town. When you get close to the correct spot, the Adamant Cave will open up, where you can battle Dialga.
- After completing the Penthouse Sidequest, travel to Spatial Sea. When you get close to the correct spot, the Lustrous Cave will open up, where you can battle Palkia.
- After completing the Penthouse Sidequest, travel to Haunted Seaway. When you get close to the correct spot, the Griseous Cave will open up, where you can battle Giratina.
Lunar Duo: Cresselia & Darkrai
- Use Roar on the sleeping man outside of Violet City, on Route 31. Defeating him in a battle will net you a Lunar Wing. Bring this Lunar Wing to the Azure Inn, and the Innkeeper will give you a free room in return for it. Sleeping in this bed will bring you to the Dreamspace, where Cresselia can be fought.
- After completing the Cresselia event, visit the VIP Villa in Palmtree Resort. Blake's Darkrai will take you to the Dreamspace. After a monologue, it will give you an egg containing a Darkrai. NOTE: If you don't have a free space in your party, this egg will be sent to the PC.
Swords of Justice: Cobalion, Terrakion, Virizion & Keldeo
Cobalion, Terrakion & Virizion
- After they have shown themselves to you, a cave will be opened in the Darkwood Grotto. Upon entering, the three will begin to battle you. They fight you in a row without breaks in between, so be prepared.
- Go to Darkwood Town, at the right Wishing Pond (or Fighter Fountain), make a wish. The password is:
- The cave between two ponds will open and you can battle Keldeo.
Tao Trio: Reshiram, Zekrom & Kyurem
- After defeating the Tunod E4, go to Mt. Furnace and follow the path to the end. A secret entrance is now accessible, enter and you will find Reshiram.
- After defeating the Tunod E4, go to Oceanview Power Plant and follow the path to the last room. You can now go through the next door, where you will be on the roof. Head east and you will find Zekrom.
- After defeating the Tunod E4, go to Icicle Tunnel and follow the path to the area where you need rock climb. Climb the rocks and follow the path and a secret entrance is now accessible, enter and you will find Kyurem. It is easier to fly to Cape Azure and go through the Icicle Tunnel through there.
- Taking Kyurem to the Blackwhite Ruins inside of Mt. Mortar will allow you to change it's form to White or Black Kyurem. Note that this is not a perfect forme change; All that is preserved is level. Moves taught to it will be lost, EVs will be reset, and IVs will be randomized.
Legendary Bird Trio: Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres
Upon encountering Kyurem, Zekrom, and Reshiram, each will reveal a certain plume (even if you don't capture them). These plumes will enable you to battle Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres, upon the plume being taken to their island and shown to them but only after they have been released by the people who caught them.
- Mt. Frozon (Iceplume from Kyurem required)
- Mt. Dyno (Thunderplume from Zekrom required)
- Mt. Tritorch (Fireplume from Reshiram required)
[I'm playing in old version and idk if this works in the new version -J]
- After catching Moltres, exit the room and step on the torched patch directly in front of you. This will not burn your Pokémon, but instead allow Moltres to ferry you over the lava. Exit the second room, and instead of stepping on the torched patch, go around the lava pool and enter the room near the top. Get Moltres to ferry you over and travel south to collect the Sacred Ash.
- This is the same thing with catching the other two Legendary Birds. After catching Zapdos, travel the long way back and collect the Max Revive, White Herb and Magnet (3 different areas). In Articuno's case, you can find the Nevermeltice and Dawn Stone.
Others - Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, Heatran, Manaphy, Shaymin & Victini
- After defeating the Johto E4, you will find the Ilex Forest green and thriving once more. Interacting with the Ilex Shrine will cause Celebi to appear.
- A snobby girl in one of the rooms at Fusion Resort will make you run many errands for her. Completing them all will give you a Wish Ticket, which can be taken to the right-most sailor in Oceanview City for a trip to Wish Island, where Jirachi will await the player.
- In the Peak of Alpha, type:
- You can find the ... in the "others" section when you try to enter the message. After typing this, go back to the start of the Peaks of Alpha and enter the other path. The room has expanded, and you can now go to the Undersea Grotto. At the end, you will reach Deoxys.
- i cant find him in blazed glazed someone help
- After defeating the Johto E4, travel to the peak of the Johto Victory Road. Lance will be standing at the tip of the mountain. Talk to him to initiate the Lance sidequest, and follow his instructions.
- Enter a surfing race in Evergreen Town. Getting first place will net you a Sea Jewel. Manaphy will then appear at the Spatial Sea and will dive into the water upon being seen. You will also need to bring a Pokémon that knows Rock Climb to reach Manaphy underwater.
- After defeating the Tunod E4, return to the Shrine in Espo Forest and type the code,
- You can find the ... in the "others" section when you try to enter the message. After typing this, an opening will appear in the forest. Once you enter, Shaymin will try to hide from you.
Victini (& All Starters)
- Continue west of Seaspray Town to Soheal's Strait. Continue to Soheal's House, and defeat him in battle. The prize will be a Victini. By beating Soheal, you also unlock a new island, Mystery Island, where you can catch starter Pokémon!
- Dragonite Lv50
- Lucario Lv50
- Gliscor Lv50
- Victini Lv50
- Infernape Lv50
- Espeon Lv50
- Encounter every Legendary, and he will allow you to his cloud temple at the very peak of Mt. Stratus. The randomly-encountered ones (Latias, Latios, Raikou, Entei, Suicune) are not required.
Not required for Arceus
The reason these pokémon are not required for capturing Arceus is because they are unobtainable in the original Glazed or unobtainable in the new Blazed Glazed, or are random and not set encounters.
Legendary Beast Trio: Entei, Raikou & Suicune
- After Regina captures Ho-Oh, head over to the Brass Tower, which is pretty hard to miss. This is pretty straightforward, keep following the path, battle the sages along the way and head up the stairs until you reach the top. Second floor has a hidden fire stone in the top right corner. Max Repel on the fourth floor. When you get to the teleport pad ignore it and head into the next area and you will be on the roof. Eusine will be there, and after some dialogue, will leave. After this, you have unlocked encountering the legendary beasts.
- Either Entei, Raikou, or Suicune will be at the top of the Bell Tower next time you travel up it, and a random one will appear every time you climb the tower.
- Although the Legendary Beasts were removed in this version of the game, you can still get them through a glitch.
- Travel to the top of the Bell Tower and on the roof, use Dig. You will then be able to walk in the sky, travel a bit to the southwest and you will find the three legendary beasts, interacting with them will allow you to battle and catch them.
Eon Duo: Latios & Latias
- After beating the Tunod E4, they will begin to wander the Tunod region. They will change location daily, and won't disappear if you knock them out. Talking to Lars, the man inside of the Legendary Pokémon Research Lab outside of Violet City will give you a clue to their location.
Aura Trio: Xerneas, Yveltal & Zygarde
- At Ilex Forest there is an old lady that when you talk to her, she says she wants to see Xerneas and found a way to summon them. Say yes to her and you'll begin a fight with Xerneas.
- At Ilex Forest there is an old man next to a charcoal (if you haven't pick it up already) and he says that he has always wanted to see Yveltal and found a way to summon them. Say yes to him and you'll begin a fight with Yveltal.
- After capturing or defeating Xerneas and Yveltal, walk back towards the shrine and some green text, soon you will start the fight with Zygarde.
- NOTE: If you are defeated, it's possible to redo it, but if you kill Zygarde you can't redo it unless you soft reset.
|Game locations of Legendary and Mythical Pokémon|